Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Set-up

To start this project, I added water to my MicroAquarium.  Using a pipette, I collected water from the top, middle, and lower areas of the container, which helped obtain some dirt for the bottom of the aquarium as well. The water came from a variety of sources.  I chose the water that originally came from a bird bath (at Fountain Rd. Knox Co. Knoxville TN Partial shade exposure N 36o02.249' W083o55.999' 1121 ft 10/9/2011).  I then added two plants, which are listed below.  Plant B quickly fell apart, and mostly floated on the surface, or sank.  I didn't notice many organisms in the aquarium at first viewing.


Plant A:  Amblestegium sp. Moss. Collection from: Natural spring. at Carters Mill Park, Carter Mill Road, Knox Co. TN. Partial shade exposure. N36 01.168 W83 42.832. 10/9/2011


Plant B:  Utricularia gibba L. Flowering plant. A carnivous plant. Original material from south shore of Spain Lake (N 35o55 12.35" W088o20' 47.00), Camp Bella Air Rd. East of Sparta Tn. in White Co. and grown in water tanks outside of greenhouse at Hesler Biology Building. The University of Tennessee. Knox Co. Knoxville TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment